Physician Trainer – Northern and Southern California
Posted Date: May. 05, 2021
Physician Trainer, CathWorks Inc.
Join us to become a driving force in the launch and commercialization of the groundbreaking, diagnostic & interventional cardiology technology, FFRangio™. The CathWorks FFRangio™ System provides a Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) analysis using a non-invasive Artificial Intelligence (AI) software instead of an invasive wire, revolutionizing the diagnostic value of an angiogram. As an integral part of the US Sales team, Physician Trainers will attend cases within a territory and assist clinicians in the utilization of the FFRangio software. Physician Trainers lead the efforts to train physicians and will provide guidance on the use of the device, thereby enabling physicians and staff to reach expert proficiency and deliver positive patient diagnostic decisions.
Physician Trainers are part of the commercial team and report to the VP of Sales. Physician Trainers will closely collaborate with multiple departments including Sales, Marketing, Training, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory, R&D and Customer Service. After extensive on-boarding training, a Physician Trainer will travel frequently within targeted territories, to help with the evaluation and commercial launch of key customers.
- Works independently, training Cardiac Cath Lab physicians and staff on how to utilize the CathWorks FFrangio™ System
- Plays a key role in the planning, development and Execution of growth strategies in collaboration with the Marketing & Sales Leadership team
- Works directly with physicians to develop clinical champions among current and potential customers for FFRangio
- Lead the delivery of training and education during physician training sessions in order to develop proficiency and drive utilization of the FFRangio technology.
- Support the activation and launch of accounts in partnership with Sales Team
- Partner with Marketing & Sales Leadership on the execution of therapy awareness programs
- Provide on-site and/or remote clinical application support to customers by providing scientific, technical information in response to inquiries regarding use of FFRangio
- Provide feedback to Marketing & R&D on clinical performance of products
- Communicate in a highly professional manner and develop effective relationships with customers to learn and stay up to date regarding clinical environments
- Partner with the Product Marketing Team in product development, in the development of product requirements and product validation
- A bachelor or equivalent 4-year degree in Life Sciences, Bio Medical Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience is required. Minimum of 5 years of experience, including a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a commercial or Clinical Specialist within the medical device industry. A minimum of three (2) years of experience working in the sterile environment of a cath lab or operating room required
- Previous experience with physician education and training in a clinical setting
- Commercial and/or clinical skills specifically in diagnostic & interventional cardiology space are strongly preferred; candidates with other relevant medical device clinical sales support experience will be considered
- Ability to coordinate/participate in numerous tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment in an organized manner while meeting deadlines
- Customer facing skill-set that includes being driven and self-motivated, holding strong communication & interpersonal skills, being organized, and have proven record of closing and delivering
- The ability to travel extensively (approx 60-70%) and the flexibility to easily change hats between technical, clinical and sales requirements
- Candidates medically trained to the technician or nurse level are highly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, interfacing with multiple constituencies including cardiologists, support staff and sales in order to effectively build relationships with external customers and internal team members
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a competitive drive, and a work ethic conducive to success
- Comfortable with a fast pace environment and wearing multiple hats as needed
- Follow-through on tasks, collaborative across different functions and extend your role beyond the expressed Clinical Specialist requirements
CathWorks is a medical technology company focused on applying its advanced computational science platform to optimize PCI therapy decisions and elevate coronary angiography from visual assessment to an objective FFRangio based decision-making tool for physicians. FFR-guided PCI decision-making is proven to provide significant clinical benefits for patients with coronary artery disease and economic benefits for patients and payers. The company’s focus is specifically on bringing the CathWorks FFRangio System to market to provide quick, precise, and objective intraprocedural FFRangio guidance that is practical for every case.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
CathWorks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Unless stated otherwise, all positions posted for CathWorks are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.