Product Support Engineer
USA HQ: 18565 Jamboree Rd., Suite 275, Irvine, CA 92612
Posted Date: Dec. 23, 2021
Join us to become a driving force in the launch and commercialization of the groundbreaking, non-invasive, imaging-based, diagnostic & interventional cardiology technology, FFRangio. The CathWorks FFRangio™ System provides a Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) analysis using a non-invasive Artificial Intelligence (AI) software making use of imaging instead of an invasive wire, revolutionizing the diagnostic value of an angiogram.
The Product Support Engineer will be responsible for providing external and internal customer support for the CathWorks FFRangio™ System. In addition to being on-call for technical questions and issues, they will also support on-site system assembly, installation, and service operation (Coordinate all technical aspects with the medical centers IT representative). On-site support will be as needed. This role will also provide feedback for improvement to QA, R&D, sales/marketing, and commercial operations as well as provide technical training as needed.
- Perform on-site system installations and partner with the CathWorks sales team, imaging (C-Arm) field service engineers, and/or hospital IT as needed during complex installations.
- Identify and communicate with key stakeholders including hospital IT, hospital biomedical engineers, imaging field service engineers, and others to ensure seamless installation and maintenance of systems.
- As the subject matter expert on hospital IT infrastructure, this role will provide support during network connections with the hospital’s angiography C-Arm systems and PACS.
- Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications (Coordinate with the customer infrastructure needs, network setting, etc.).
- Resolve and troubleshoot technical issues during on-site system assembly, installation, live cases, and general service calls.
- Provides technical training to both internal associates and sub-contractors.
- Administration of the technical knowledge library which contains articles on common troubleshooting issues and FAQs.
- Keeps data on all support cases and provides metrics for continuous improvement opportunities in QA, sales/marketing, design, and commercial operations.
- Bachelor’s degree – Biomedical Engineering degree is preferred
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP protocols, deep understanding in networking environment, including fire wall settings, routing, subnetting etc.
- DICOM protocols (preferred)
- Project management
- Experience with the Windows 10 operating system networking tools
- Understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Experience with diagnostic imaging equipment required (e.g., C-Arm systems and/or PACS)
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings.
- Resolving customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Strong learning agility to quickly understand the system’s operating structure as well as new software releases.
- Ability to coordinate/participate in numerous tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment in an organized manner.
- Customer facing skillset that includes being driven and self-motivated, holding strong communication & interpersonal skills with multiple stakeholders, being organized, and have proven record of delivering.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead projects.
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from home-office location.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hat, hard toed shoes, and medical rubber gloves.
- May be required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the customer in connection with admission into its facilities to perform job duties.
- Customer requirements may include but are not limited to drug testing and immunizations as dictated by the customer or facility policy.
- 30% travel
- Previous experience working with imaging equipment in a Cath lab
- Previous experience with PACS
- Network+ or CCNA certified
CathWorks is a medical technology company focused on applying its advanced computational science platform to optimize PCI therapy decisions and elevate coronary angiography from visual assessment to an objective FFRangio based decision-making tool for physicians. FFR-guided PCI decision-making is proven to provide significant clinical benefits for patients with coronary artery disease and economic benefits for patients and payers. The company’s focus is specifically on bringing the CathWorks FFRangio System to market to provide quick, precise, and objective intraprocedural FFRangio guidance that is practical for every case.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
CathWorks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Unless stated otherwise, all positions posted for CathWorks are not intended for or open to third-party recruiters/agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.